Monday, December 27, 2010

It is easy to fix common computer errors even at home

Owing to my health conditions, I was almost at home, full time, for about a year. For the first few months it was bearable. However, with time I began to feel that boredom and a sense of despair had started to creep into the four walls of my home. Not that my family was unsupportive, it was just that everyone around was busy and had to really squeeze out time for me. This they did to keep me happy, I knew it for a fact. I was happy… yes and no. Happy that I had a loving family. No, because I was fed up of being home all the time. I wanted to go out as usual and meet people, and perhaps work. Work! How could I work? I was not fit enough to move around and the doctors have advised me to be home.
Time passed by and soon it was three months since I began staying home. One day my friend, Jenny, came to visit me. She sensed my mental condition and offered to take me for a short drive. She talked to me about everything; her life, her experiences, and her work. She asked me if I would be interested in a home based coaching job. I was elated at the offer and instantly gave the answer in affirmative.
Soon, I had a group of students coming to me for regular coaching classes. I depended on the computer a lot. Searching the Internet for related examples, coming up with real life case studies and preparing notes for my students on the computer became a daily routine for me. Computer became my constant companion, other than my students.
Although I could work on the computer fine, I had no clue about computer errors, leave aside fixing them on my own. Had it not been for the sudden hung up of the system, I would have continued being oblivious to the simple errors and simpler ways of computer repair. My system was running slow and it would hang several times midsession. I ignored it several times until I realized there was something seriously wrong with my PC. I knew it would be difficult for me to be without the computer and so reminded myself of the old saying, a stitch in time saved nine. I began searching the Internet for technical support on these types of common computer errors and came across iYogi, a technical support company. I dialed their toll free number and spoke to a tech-passionate expert. She informed me about the various computer errors that could crop up from time to time and assured that the ‘system hang’ and ‘no response’ problems of my PC could be resolved within no time.
She remotely accessed my system and analyzed the probabilities that instigated the system hang. She told me that the problem wasn’t a grave one and that it was just a matter of too many applications being opened at the same time. She advised me to keep the system cleaned with histories and caches being deleted from time to time and fewer applications opened at a time. I thanked her for her valuable and timely advised and was back at enjoying rapid computer sessions. 
I indeed stitched one and saved nine. I was happy teaching my students and Internet still continues to be my companion. Though I am fit enough to join work on a regular basis now, I have decided to stay back and continue doing what I enjoy doing best, coaching. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment